Pentjak Silat USA is a program developed to give the practitioner of Pentjak Silat the core of Silat concepts, theories, principles, training methods and applications. It looks at what is at the heart of the fundamentals of Pentjak Silat and presents that to the practitioner. This allows each practitioner to integrate their own body awareness and movement to the circumstances presented without employing a specific style of movement. We are not a new system or style, rather we present a basic platform from which many of the Silat styles operate.
We have at our core a cross section of styles, each one also a cross section or composite of other styles and so on. The advantage to this kind of curriculum is that there are no restrictions to one method, therefore leaving room for exploration.
Pentjak Silat USA's curriculum : Guru Besar Hans
* TerLinden Style - As taught by Bapak Guru Besar Rudy TerLinden
* Pentjak Silat Pukulan Pak Serak- As taught by Bapak Guru Besar Maurice de Thouars
* Pukulan Serak - Bapak Guru Besar Dolf de Vries
* Babao Arnis - Grandmaster Narrie Babao.
* Pentjak Silat USA- Guru Besar Andre Knust Graichen